When you think of homeowners insurance your probably do not think of your pets harming a child or other animal, however this is a leading cause of liability claims under your homeowners policy.
Below is an excerpt from a local Lee’s Summit Dog Trainer’s Blog. Follow Debra Murray for more info:
DOG BITE PREVENTION WEEK
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year. This number is especially disheartening since most dog bites are preventable. Dog awareness and advocacy, as well as responsible pet ownership, is where dog bite prevention begins.
1. Dog Awareness: That little phrase packs a lot of punch! Dog awareness starts with educating yourself on the basics of canine communication. It continues with seeking to be well-informed about our canine companions. If your knowledge comes from tv “experts”, your neighbor, and personal opinions, then you’ve got some more investigating to do. Dog behavior is a science. There are numerous myths and hypothetical postulations that have sadly spread like wildfire over the years. If you’re still in the dark ages believing dogs are trying to dominate their human families and be the pack leader, then that’s a good place to start looking into recent scientific discoveries. Everyone benefits from continuous growth in dog awareness.
2. Dog Advocacy: I hope you won’t be able to continue business as usual once you begin increasing your dog aware skills, and have a better understanding of man’s best friend. The humane thing to do is start advocating for, at the least, your own dog. When you recognize distress, fear, nervousness, anxiety, etc., then do your best to appropriately guide your dog. Don’t rely on their remarkable tolerance to prevent growls, snaps, snarls and bites. Kindly remove them, or the stressors that cause discomfort. You can go a step further and enlist a positive reinforcement trainer or veterinary behaviorist to guide you in improving your dog’s emotional responses.
3. Responsible Pet Ownership: This not only includes providing for the basic needs of your pet, but also forming realistic expectations. All dogs have teeth. All dogs can bite. Expecting your dog to tolerate consistent distressful situations without repercussion is irresponsible. Even our good family dogs can snap or bite when their tolerance levels are exceeded, combined, or overlooked. If you already have a dog that exhibits aggression, fearfulness, reactivity, etc., then you should take precautions to ensure the safety of your pet and others.
Pursuing the above goals will not only aid in the prevention of dog bites in your community, but also put us on a better path to becoming dogs’ best friends.
For the YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/nSPGLlLPJxY
For the full article:
Our Agency is expanding and we are looking to add an additional inside sales/customer service representative.
Job Purpose: This is a small insurance business environment that is very fast-paced and requires an Inside Sales / Customer Service Rep. who is creative, a self-starter, and a hard worker. Must be able to be punctual, multi-task, and work well under pressure with great customer service skills. This can be a career rewarding opportunity for you to grow with us!
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:00pm
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to):
1) Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly service by responding to inquiries from existing policyholders and the general public regarding insurance, policy changes, billing clarification, and payment plans.
2) Timely and courteous follow up with prospective and current clients regarding current insurance policies as well as additional insurance policies.
3) Provide service in a pleasant and courteous manner.
4) Meet customer service goals and assist with marketing goals as directed by the upper management.
5) Perform other related duties as assigned by the upper management.
-High School Diploma minimum. 4 year college degree preferred.
-Technological Savvy: Computer experience with Word, Excel, and Outlook is mandatory
-Experience in Social Media-Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Blogs, Pinterest
-Communication Skills: Strong listening, oral, and written communication skills
-Initiative and Self-Reliance: Make decisions on a timely basis and take necessary actions without directions from others
-Problem solving ability: Apply and balance conceptual and analytical thinking by breaking down complex problems, evaluating alternative sources of action and their likely outcomes, and selecting the best alternative.
-Goal oriented: Highly motivated and resourceful to achieve results
-Truthfulness & Respect: Proven track record of trustworthiness, dependability and ethical behavior with the ability to learn and apply product and customer knowledge to professionally service policy holders
-Experience in service, sales, and/or retail sales is desirable.
-Must be able to pass a background check and be able to pass 2 tests for insurance licenses with 60 days of hire (this includes Property/Casualty and Life/Health).
Starting pay DOE and pay increase and opportunity to earn commissions after successfully passing insurance exams.
Please email resume, references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
At our agency—WE LOVE DISCOUNTS!!!
If you have a Bachelor of Science Degree, Bachelor of Arts Degree, Master of Science Degree, or PhD in any of the areas below, you could qualify for up to 15% off your home and auto insurance!!! This is regardless of your current occupation, based only on your college diploma!
Biology (Biological Science)
Business Information Technology
Computer Information Systems
Ocean (Marine) Science
A lot of people put off purchasing life insurance because it seems like a hassle. You don’t want to do any sort of medical appointment. It’s an extra expense. And, for the most part, you just plain don’t want to think about death.
But life insurance is NOT ABOUT YOU. It’s about the PEOPLE YOU LOVE. And what better time than February to think about love!
So let’s get real. You do a lot for your family and if you have family members who depend on your income, then you need life insurance. And the sooner, the better.
For one, life insurance is cheaper when you are young and healthy! With each birthday you’ll see your quote go up unless you lock in a great rate now. And you don’t want to look for life insurance after you have been diagnosed with an illness.
Another great thing about life insurance is that there are a lot of options. And we’re here to discuss all of them with you. You can purchase a policy for the short term or even as a long term investment. It all depends on how much you can afford to spend and what your family needs are.
Whatever your situation, sitting down and discussing your needs and budget with an agent is a great first step. Current client or not call us today to set up a free, no-obligation appointment!
Each month in 2015, we’ll be sharing a short list of tasks that you can do to help take care of your home, vehicle, and family. Consider them a helpful reminder of what needs to get accomplished throughout the month to keep your important items protected.
Here’s what’s on the list for February:
Purchase A Fire Extinguisher – If you don’t have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen, now is the time to get at least one. Plan a family meeting and teach everyone in the household when and how to use it. It’s an easy way to prevent a small kitchen fire from getting out of hand.
Schedule High-Value Jewelry On Your Insurance Policy – Did your Valentine surprise you with a new piece of jewelry? Make sure it’s covered! While your Homeowners or Renters policy will cover jewelry, there are some limitations. Get an appraisal and bring it in so we can discuss the best course of action. (This also applies to artwork, guns, and other collectibles or antiques.)
Seal Up Drafty Windows – Feel cool air blowing in around windows or doors? Seal them up now! You’ll be glad you did when those summer air conditioning bills arrive.
Newlywed Insurance Review – Did you get married this month? Call us to schedule a newlywed insurance review! We’ll look at your individual policies and discuss how best to combine them for your new household.
Show The Love! – There is no better way to show your family how much you love them, then with the proper amount of life insurance! We can give you a quote on an affordable term policy and help you get this important coverage in place quickly.
We LOVE our clients! Let us know if we can assist you in any way with your auto, home, business, or life insurance.
We get this call multiple times every day. While we are always happy to mail/email/fax your card to you; we do have a great technology option as well. It’s the iFarmers app (for both iPhone and Android). There are many cool features, but the one most used is the auto insurance ID card. Every renewal (typically 6 months) it always updates to current dates and when you get a new vehicle it’s automatically added as well. Try it out and let us know your thoughts!
Search for iFarmers on Google Play/App Store
Client Ryan H–“It took all of 3 minutes to set up. All I needed was my policy number (which I got from an old ID card), my driver’s license number, date of birth and email address. The process was quite simple and I’m glad you mentioned it to me!”
Did you know that your 4 year college degree or occupation will discount your auto and home policies with our agency? Our average client saves $150-$200/yr just by this one discount alone!
This month we’ve helped out clients in the following professions:
Medical: Physicians, RNs, Dentists
Scientists: Computer Scientists to Meteorologists
Public Service Providers: Firefighters, Paramedics, and Law Enforcement
Educators: Elementary, Middle, High School Teachers and College Professors
Active Military Personnel
Call or email us for your detailed personal proposal
816-795-5977 or email@example.com