Wedding season is just around the corner! And with all of that love and wedding planning in the air, it can be hard to think about the boring parts of a marriage.
So I want to make it easy for you. Here are a few things you need to think about in regards to your insurance policies when you tie the knot.
1. Combine your auto insurance policies. If you both own a vehicle, the easiest thing to do is combine your policies by adding your spouse and their vehicle to your policy. We can take care of this in just a few minutes!
2. Make sure you and your spouse are listed on every policy. You both need to be on the homeowners or renters insurance so you can get assistance if needed. Do all of them at the same time and you won’t have to worry about it again.
3. Schedule an overall review. When you combine two households you will obviously have more belongings! Speak with your agent and verify that you have enough content and liability insurance to cover any new assets.
4. Purchase life insurance. It’s your honeymoon and you don’t want to think about death, but now is the time to get this very important coverage in place. It doesn’t cost much and will give you peace of mind that the person you love will be taken care of in the future. It’s really the very best gift you can give to those you love.
The best part of this? It doesn’t have to be hard! In fact, one short appointment can take care of every item on the list. Give us a call today to schedule a review.
Last month was Valentine’s Day and proposals happened everywhere! This means that you might find yourself with a new diamond ring or expensive piece of jewelry in your home.
Many people spend thousands of dollars on beautiful jewelry but don’t take the time to find out how to insure it. And this can be a big mistake!
Have you seen the Farmers Insurance TV commercial regarding jewelry?
If you have homeowners or renters insurance, then your jewelry is covered as part of the contents of your home. But there can be problems…
1. We don’t know what it is worth. It’s hard to get the full value of your jewelry back if you don’t know all of the specifics! Weight, color, cut, size, and so forth are all factors in the value. Ten years from now you might not even remember how much you paid.
2. You probably have a large deductible on your homeowners insurance, this deductible applies to the house itself as well as contents coverage. Many insurance policies have limits for theft of specific highly targeted items including jewelry.
But there is a simple solution to avoid all of these problems. Our homeowners and renters policies allow you to “schedule” jewelry for a small additional cost.
You bring in the receipt and appraisal of the item and we add all of that information to your policy. (Sometimes we don’t need all of this, just call us first and we can let you know.)
You will be charged based on the value of the item, but typically it’s less than $50 per year! (Sometimes much less, sometimes a little more. It all depends on how much insurance is required.)
Plus, scheduled items don’t require a deductible. So if your ring is lost or stolen, you pay nothing out of pocket but get to replace your precious jewelry.
So next time you open a jewelry box and put a sparkling diamond on your finger, make sure that you are insuring your investment.
Have questions about scheduling items on your homeowners insurance? Call us today at 816-795-5977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!
Did you know that your 4 year college degree or occupation will discount your auto and home policies with our agency? Our average client saves $150-$200/yr just by this one discount alone!
This month we’ve helped out clients in the following professions:
Medical: Physicians, RNs, Dentists
Scientists: Computer Scientists to Meteorologists
Public Service Providers: Firefighters, Paramedics, and Law Enforcement
Educators: Elementary, Middle, High School Teachers and College Professors
Active Military Personnel
Call or email us for your detailed personal proposal
816-795-5977 or email@example.com