Keys To Great Holiday Travel
Are you planning a trip during the holiday season? If you’ll be hitting the road over the next few weeks (or anytime really!), here are a few important things to keep in mind.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE TOWN:
- Get your oil changed and make sure your tires are properly aired up.
- Leave some lights on in your home so it doesn’t look empty at night.
- Call us to get a copy of your insurance card if you don’t have a current one.
- Ask a neighbor or friend to pick up your mail or newspaper.
- Pack some snacks! No one wants to be driving hungry (especially if you’ve got little kids riding in the back seat!)
- Pack a car charger for your cell phone. Your phone is is your map and your emergency contact. Don’t let it run out of battery power on your trip!
- If you’ll be traveling in snow or ice, make sure to pack emergency supplies in your vehicle.
- Plan to travel on off-peak days. It will mean less traffic, less stress, and a faster route to your destination.
- Get a good night’s sleep! Driving fatigued is a leading cause of accidents. Stay rested.
DURING YOUR DRIVE:
- Wear your seat belt! Always.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full. You never know how long it could be between gas stations or how bad the traffic could be. Don’t run on empty!
And above all…be flexible! Travel stress can ruin your holiday fun. Plan to take your time and enjoy the ride!